There’s a new supplement on the block. What is it? What is the hype all about? Is it here to stay, or is it just another ‘trend’ that will soon go away?
Glutathione – What is it?
Glutathione is a molecule – an antioxidant – that is naturally produced by the liver. It can be found in various plants, animals, fungi, and some bacteria. In the body, glutathione is involved in the building and repair of tissue, the production of important chemicals, and immunity. It has a very important role in the functioning of the body and is an essential substance involved in multiple processes.
Glutathione benefits – why you need to include it in your diet
Glutathione is extremely beneficial. It has many healing properties and is often used in medical treatments. The benefits include (but are not limited to!):
- The ability to stop (or even reverse) the damage caused by free radicals
- Reducing the levels of cysteine on the surface of proteins (which, as a result, protects the body from damage caused by free radicals)
- Manufacturing and repairing DNA
- Facilitating the recycling of Vitamins C and E (which are also responsible for dealing with free radicals, as well as boosting immunity)
- Body detox – transporting amino acids as well as playing an essential part in purging the body of toxic compounds (heavy metals, etc.)
- Reducing the risk of cancer
- Slowing aging processes in the body
Glutathione sources – where can I find it?
As mentioned at the beginning, glutathione is naturally produced by the liver. Please note that the older we get the less our body is able to produce it efficiently and our food sources are lower in quality as well. Therefore, supplementing it is recommended to increase the beneficial results it has in the body. However, we do not recommend the over the counter supplements as the body is not adjusted to absorb them. Here at Batista Weight Loss Center in Spring Hill we offer supplemental Glutathione shots (Glutathione injections) for 100% absorption. Anyone over 40 is recommended at least one shot per week.
The good thing is it can also be found in many everyday foods, so don’t worry about having to drastically change your diet or spend money on fancy supplements. Click here to find a list of natural glutathione sources: Glutathione Spring Hill. Include them in your diet and boost the glutathione levels in your cells!
Spring Hill Dietitian recommends Glutathione Injections:
Please call for your FREE CONSULTATION with our registered dietitian. Your health is what we have in mind when considering the weight loss you would like to achieve. If you have any questions about glutathione injections, glutathione in Spring Hill in general, or weight loss in Spring Hill, please feel free to contact us.